In accordance with the Education Act, the Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board formed an Audit Committee in February 2011. The Audit Committee is comprised of three elected trustees (4 year term) and two external volunteer members (3 year term). The role of the Audit Committee is to assist the Board of Trustees in fulfilling its responsibilities related to governance and oversight as prescribed by Ontario Regulation 361/10 – Audit Committees.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Audit Committee include:
- Review the financial management of the Board and its financial reporting processes.
- Review the overall effectiveness of the Board’s internal controls.
- Review the performance and effectiveness of the Board’s internal auditors.
- Review the independence and performance of the Board’s external auditors.
- Review the effectiveness of the Board’s system for monitoring compliance with legislative requirements and with the Board’s policies and procedures.
- Review and assess the Board’s policies with respect to risk management.
Please see Ontario Regulation 361/10 – Audit Committees for more information.
Audit Committee Membership
- Fabio Costante (Trustee)
- Lisa DiMaio (External Volunteer Member)
- Randy Laforest (External Volunteer Member)
- Lisa Soulliere (Trustee)
- Fulvio Valentinis (Trustee)
Resource to the Committee
- Paul Picard, Director of Education
- Penny King, Executive Superintendent of Business
- Grace Flood, Manager of Accounting & Capital
POSTING – EXTERNAL VOLUNTEER MEMBER VACANCY (Closing date: April 13, 2017)
The Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board is seeking a volunteer community member with financial expertise and business knowledge to serve on its audit committee effective July 1, 2017. The successful applicant will serve for up to a three-year initial term with the possibility of re-appointment afterwards.
For more information and the application process, please click here.
Audit Committee Meetings
The Committee meets at least three times a year, plus ad hoc meetings as required. A portion of meetings may be held in-camera in accordance with the Education Act.
2016-17 Fiscal Year
- September 21, 2016
- November 16, 2016 (cancelled)
- January 30, 2017
- March 30, 2017
- April 26, 2017
- June 21, 2017
2015-16 Fiscal Year
2014-15 Fiscal Year